Types of Data We Collect
1. Contact details
Your first name, last name, name of school, location and email address.
2. Financial information
Financial information submitted on our portal is processed by our third party FINTECH firm – Paystack. You may read up terms and conditions and privacy policies.
3. Data we collect automatically.
a. Data relevant to your identity online and your location
Your IP (Internet Protocol) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, browser plug-in types, time zone setting, operating system and version, timestamp signature, device type, geolocation information about where you might be and login information relevant to our website. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your location services settings.
b. Data relevant to your use of our website
Your URL clickstreams (the path you take through our site), products/services viewed, page response times, download errors, how long you stay on our pages, what you do on those pages, how often, and other actions.
4. Special categories of data and children’s data
We don’t collect any data about you revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade-union membership, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning sex life or sexual orientation, except when we have your explicit consent, or when we have to comply with the law. When we offer you customer support, you might, out of your own initiative, provide us with details that are considered special categories of data relevant to your request.
5. Information Collected by Third Parties through Third-Party Links and Content.
ASSURE Educational Services may include links to other websites and other content from third-parties which are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security, privacy of the information collected by, these third parties or the privacy practices of these third parties or the content on any third-party website. We thus encourage you to review the privacy policies of those third parties.
6. Our Legal Bases for Processing Your Personal Data
In order to collect and/or use your personal data we have at least one of the following legal bases:
You have given us clear and explicit consent to process your personal data for one or more specific purposes. If you have previously given consent to processing your data, you can withdraw such consent at any time. You can do this by emailing us at [email protected] If you do withdraw your consent, and if we do not have other legal basis for processing your information (for example to defend a legal claim, or because we are obliged to retain such information by law), then we will stop processing your personal data. If we do have another legal basis for processing your information, then we may continue to do so, subject to your legal rights.
Processing your data is necessary for a contract to be formulated and executed by us (for the provision of services / products or otherwise), or because such information is necessary before entering into that contract.
c. Existing customers
If you have been our customer in the past, we may communicate with you via email, in order to inform you about services / products similar to the ones you showed interest in, which we think you may like (read more below, at the section Promotional emails)
d. Legitimate interests
Processing your data is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests. These legitimate interests are:
– delivering, developing and improving our services and products
– determining whether marketing campaigns are effective
– improving data security
– gaining insights from your behaviour on our website in order to be able to offer you and third parties services and products which they find useful.
– Defending or exercising a legal claim.
In each case, we found that these legitimate interests were not outweighed by your rights and interests.
e. Legal obligation
Processing of your data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, providing you invoices).
7. Why do we collect your personal data and how do we use them?
We use your personal data for the following reasons:
a. To Provide you the services you request
– To Manage your orders and requests, login and authentication,
– To remember your settings,
– To process orders and payments,
– To issue and send you invoices as may be required by law
b. For Customer support
– To Notify you of any changes to our service / the fulfillment of your order
– To address requests / complains and solve issues via email or phone support, including any bug fixing.
c. For Marketing Purposes
– To send you emails and messages about news, new features, products, services, offers/discounts, information about our website and content (if you are already a customer or with your explicit consent).
– To send you emails to ask you if you want to continue a transaction that you started but did not conclude.
– To offer via email a discount code to customers that have expressed interest in our products.
– To Personalize our services by understanding the interests of our customers and our website visitors
– To assess the effectiveness of our marketing efforts
d. For Analytics purposes /Improving our services
– to test features,
– with feedback platforms and questionnaires, manage landing pages, heat map our site, traffic optimization and data analysis and research.
8. Promotional emails
We may send promotional emails containing information about new products/services, offers/discounts etc and news and information about our website. We will only send you newsletters and promotional emails if you are an existing customer and we believe you might be interested in receiving information about our new services/products, events and offers or when you have not concluded a purchase you have initiated. We shall only collect the email you have provided us in order to facilitate our communications and no other personal data and for no other reason. You can always unsubscribe by following the dedicated link at the end of each newsletter or promotional email and the procedure described therein or by emailing your request at [email protected]
8. How We Protect Your Data
9. Your Rights
a. You have the right to access the information we hold about you. You can contact us and we shall inform you about:
• the categories of data we’re processing
• the purposes of data processing
• the categories of third parties to whom the data may be disclosed
• how long the data will be stored (or the criteria used to determine that period)
• other rights you have regarding our use of your data
We can also send you a copy of this information, if you wish.
b. You have the right to ask us to correct personal data about you if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
c. You can object to us using your data for profiling you or making automated decisions about you. Please note that exercising this right does not equal to an obligation on our behalf to not show advertisements at all.
d. You have the right to ask us to directly transfer your data to another service, as long as it is technically feasible or to provide you a copy in a common machine-readable format. Please note that if such data also contain personal data about another person, we may elect not to include such data in our deliverables.
e. You have the right to be ‘forgotten’.
All you have to do is ask and we will delete your data unless we have another legal reason to hold your personal data (such as a legal claim or a regulatory requirement).
f. You can ask us not to use your data for direct marketing purposes.
g. You can file a complaint regarding our use of your data to the Data Protection Authority.
You can exercise all the aforementioned rights (with the exception of number 7) by emailing us at [email protected] We shall address your request within 30 days of its receipt unless it is too complicated or we are dealing simultaneously with too many such requests. In the latter case, it may take us up to two additional months to address your request, but we will let you know if that is the case within 30 days of the receipt of your initial request.
As a general rule, we will only keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary in order to provide you with our services unless we are required by law to keep them for an extended time. Any personal data stored by us will be deleted within 5 years of its collection. We may, however, keep your personal data for a longer period, in order to exercise or defend a legal claim or in case we are obliged by a legal provision to do so. Additionally, we will only store the email addresses of our customers for up to 5 years in order to send them our newsletter and marketing emails, a function from which they may unsubscribe at any time.
10. Third Parties and Sharing Your Information
As with most websites offering services and/or products, we often have to resort to third-party vendors in order to be able to keep assure.ng up and running, to provide our website’s services and in order to be able to perform all its functions already explained above. These third parties help us host our website, facilitate your payments, communicate with you, power our emails, help us provide you with better services, analyze the performance of our website etc. To that extent, sometimes it is necessary for us to share your data with them in order to get these services to work well. Please note that we will never sell your personal data to anyone.
11. Cookies And Similar Technologies
What are Cookies? Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used to enable website functionality, efficiency or reporting
What are Web beacons?
Web beacons are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that websites to recognize when somebody has visited them.
What are Local Storages?
Local Storages are web applications which can store data locally within the user’s browser.
For the purposes of this section and to keep things less complicated, under the Term “Cookies” all the aforementioned technologies shall be understood.
Cookies are widely used to enable website functionality, efficiency or reporting, and they are not able to execute code or access other information stored on the computer. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information. These may be “session” cookies, meaning they delete themselves when you leave test-iq.org, or “persistent” cookies which do not delete themselves and help us recognize you when you return. They can be placed by the domain operating the website or by third parties.
We use the following main types of cookies on assure.ng:
Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
Site functionality cookies, which allow you to navigate our website and use features.
Customer preference cookies, which will remember your preferences and details, so that your experience is more personal and streamlined.
Website analytics cookies, which allow us to analyze how our customers use our site, in order to improve it.
Targeting, tracking, and advertising cookies: these cookies are used to:
• deliver ads regarding our products and services which might be relevant or useful to you.
• recognize new visitors to our websites.
• recognize past customers.
• store your password if you are registered on our site.
• improve our website.
• integrate with third-party social media websites.
• serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising.
• better understand the interests of our customers and our website visitors
• measure statistics relating to marketing efforts
Information that may be collected by cookies when you use our website and shop may include, without limitation:
• the pages you visit within our website;
• the date and time of your visit to our website;
• the amount of time you spend using our website;
• the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and/or
• your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
Currently, many of the cookies on our website are placed by third party vendors (such as facebook, google etc). Additionally, we may process anonymized data from cookies relevant to consumer behavior on our website, in order to provide you with better services.
This information is collected to enhance the site performance and end user experience. You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie.
We will not associate identifiers from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories of data about you, such as race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
By using assure.ng, you agree to place the aforementioned cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. Nonetheless, you have the right to accept, delete, block or reject cookies by modifying your browser settings accordingly.